Fahnen und Flaggen / Kalender Shop

Fahnen, Flaggen und Kalender bei Fanshop-Online.de bestellen
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website.

FOTW beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Wir distanziert uns ausdrücklich von allen hierauf dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.


Groß-Gerau City (Germany)

Stadt Groß-Gerau, seat of Landkreis Groß-Gerau, Darmstadt District, Hesse

Last modified: 2017-04-15 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: gross-gerau city | parted per fess | demi-lion(barry) | cross(patty) | onion | cabbage |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Groß-Gerau city banner] 5:2 image by Jörg Majewski, 12 June 2006
adopted 22 January 1996, approved 1967 See also:

Groß-Gerau City

Banner:
It is a blue-yellow-red vertical tricolour. The coat of arms is shifted to the top. The shield is topped by a yellow mural crown with three towers.
inhabitants 23,538
Groß-Gerau County
Darmstadt District , state Hesse
banner approved on adopted 22 January 1996, approved in 1967
details based on the presentations of Klaus Günther with kind permission
The municipality flags are shown mostly in banner form in Hesse.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.42
Jörg Majewski, 12 June 2006


Coat of Arms

Shield parted per fess; above Azure a demi-lion barry of six of Argent and Gules, armed and tongued Or; beneath Or a cross patty Gules, flanked by alternating onions and cabbages, all Vert.
Meaning:
Gross-Gerau gained city rights in 1398, but there are no old city seals known. The oldest seal dates from the 16th century and shows a combination of a cabbage and an onion. These probably symbolise the importance of the horticulture in the area. Around 1600 the vegetables are combined with the cross, and the new arms are used both in seals and in buildings. The origin of the cross is not known, but it is seen on a boundary stone from 1596, without the vegetables. The lion of Hesse was added in 1901.
The current arms were approved in 1901.
Source: Stadler 1967, p.42
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 14 Apr 2017


back to Groß-Gerau Cities and Municipalities Page click here

Hosted by: Fanshop-Online.de und Handy-Shop.de
Tip: Huawei P10