FOTW beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Wir distanziert uns ausdrücklich von allen hierauf dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
Last modified: 2017-01-30 by ivan sache
Keywords: domingo pérez de granada |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Domingo Pérez de Granada - Image from the Símbolos de Granada website, 15 January 2017
The municipality of Domingo Pérez de Granada (907 inhabitants in 2016; 4,893 ha; municipal website) is located 20 km north of Iznalloz.
The municipality of Domingo Pérez de Granada was established by Decree No. 105, adopted on 17 March 2015 by the Government of Andalusia and published on 8 April 2015 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 66, pp. 8-19 (text), and on 7 March 2016 in the Spanish official gazette, No. 57, pp. 18,334-18,347 (text).
The submunicipal entity of Domingo Pérez was established by Decree No. 59, adopted on 4 March 2003 by the Government of Andalusia and published on 21 March 2003 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 55, pp. 6,060-6,063 (text). The process of establishment of the entity was initiated on 12 April 1996 by the majority of the inhabitants of Domingo Pérez. This was validated on 28 August 1998 by the Municipal Council of iznalloz.
The separation was requested on 31 March 2011 by the Village Council of Domingo Pérez from the Municipal Council of Iznalloz, which decided on 1 December 2011, unanimously, the initiation of the separation process. Upon request of the Ministry of Public Administration, the name of the municipality was amended on 22 August 2012 from Domingo Pérez to Domingo Pérez de Granada, for the sake of differentiation from the municipality of Domingo Pérez, Province of Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha). The separation was validated on 21 December 2012 by the Provincial Council and on 7 February 2013 by the Andalusian Council of Local Concertation.
Domingo Pérez de Granada emerged In the Moorish times as the alquería (estate) of Baraila, a group of houses without fortifications and with property rights shared among different owners. After the reconquest of the Kingdom of Granada, the Catholic Monarchs granted the old alquería to Christian colonists. In 1511, Domingo Pérez de Herrasti, an hidalgo of Basque origin, was granted territories by Letters Patented; from 1511 to 1530, he was able to increase his domain up to an area of c. 1,000 ha, encompassing most of the estates of the region. Pérez commissioned 16 colonists, who built their houses near the source of Aynotafe; named after its founder, the new settlement was subsequently incorporated into the town of Iznalloz. In 1544, Pérez bequeathed the village to his son Francisco, who built a manor, revamped the source and founded the parish church dedicated to St. Mark.
Ivan Sache, 15 January 2017
The flag and arms of Domingo Pérez de Granada, adopted on 6 May 2005 by the Village Council and submitted on 10 May 2005 to the Directorate General of the Local Administration, are prescribed by a Resolution adopted on 18 May 2005 by the Directorate General of the Local Administration and published on 2 May 2005 in the official gazette of Andalusia, No. 106, p. 37 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Panel in proportions 2/3, yellow, with a blue wavy fess charged with a white wavy belt; flanked: in the upper part by a red Pilar de lo Alto, with two white water pipes and a Marquis' coronet in full colours; in the lower part by a green tree with a red rabbit.
Coat of arms: Spanish shield. Or a fess wavy azure, charged with a belt wavy argent; flanked: in chief by a Pilar de lo Alto gules, with two water pipes argent and a Marquis' coronet proper; in base by a tree vert with a rabbit gules. The shield surmounted with a Spanish Royal crown closed.
The symbols were officially unveiled on 7 October 2005.
The Pilar de lo Alto fountain is the emblem of the town, as its only historical element, together with the parish church. The crown and the yellow field symbolize the Pérez de Herraste, Marquis de Albayda. The waves represent rivers Cubillas and Domingo Pérez. The tree stands for the surrounding forests, rich in game symbolized by the rabbit.
[Símbolos de las Entidades Locales de Andalucía. Granada]
Ivan Sache, 15 January 2017
Hosted by: Fanshop-Online.de und Handy-Shop.de
Tip: Nokia 3310