FOTW beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Wir distanziert uns ausdrücklich von allen hierauf dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
Last modified: 2014-04-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | komarom | esztergom | acsteszer | tesiar | axe |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by István Molnár, 3 March 2003
Ácsteszér (in German Tesiar) is a village in
Komárom-Esztergom county in Hungary near to Town of Kisbér (17 km south) at the
North-Eastern edge of the Bakony Mountains. The village has got
947 inhabitants (2001 census), nearly all of them are Hungarian.
Neighbouring settlements are Bakonyszombathely,
villages and Kisbér town.
The first mention of the settlement is from 1392 as 'ALCH TEZER'. The name of the village is bilingual: Ács in Hungarian Tesiar in Slav means carpenter. In the medieval ages the village was a large settlement of the Castle of Csesznek. At the time of the Turkish wars the settlement was devastated in 1543. Ácsteszér was resettled with Germans and Hungarians by the Esterházy Family. The first known seal of the village is from 1699 relates to the carpenters and the forests. In 1910 Ácsteszér was a village in the Zirc district of Veszprém County. Number of its inhabitants in 1910: 1073; 624 (58,2%) German, 447 (41,7%) Hungarian and 2 (0,1%) other by mother tongue, 1056 (98,4%) Roman Catholic, 15 (1,4%) Jew, 2 (0,2%) other by religion. After the WWII most of the Germans were deported to Germany. In 1950 the village annexed to Komárom county
Symbolism of the coat of arms: The Coat of Arms of the village is a standing triangular blue shield with red head transversely bared with silver bars. In the head there is a lying gold pen floating. In the blue field there are two silver carpenter's axes crossing each other floating over three green hills. Over the axes there is a gold heraldic lily. Around the shield there are two green oak branches with gold acorns. Below the shield on a gold stripe there is the name of the village: 'ÁCSTESZÉR'.
The flag is white with two - blue and gold - stripes on the flying edge, on the white field there is a coat of arms of the village. Ratio 1:2. The flag and the coat of arms of the village was adopted in 2002.02.29 by the Resolution No.2/2000.(II.29) of the community.
Sources: Picture of the coat of arms and description from the Mayor's Office. Historical data from <www.acsteszer.hu> (in Hungarian).
István Molnár, 3 March 2003
Hosted by: Handy-Shop.de und Fanshop-Online.de
Tip: Animated GIF Flags / Fahnen / Flaggen