FOTW beschäftigt sich mit der Wissenschaft der Vexillologie (Flaggenkunde).
Alle auf dieser Website dargebotenen Abbildungen dienen ausschließlich der Informationsvermittlung im Sinne der Flaggenkunde.
Wir distanziert uns ausdrücklich von allen hierauf dargestellten Symbolen verfassungsfeindlicher Organisationen.
Last modified: 2017-03-03 by ivan sache
Keywords: brezice | dobova | pišece |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Brežice, with or without the writing - Images by Željko Heimer, 6 December 2016
The municipality of Brežice (24,577 inhabitants in 2008; 26,810 ha) is located on the Croatian border, on the main road to Zagreb.
Željko Heimer, 24 September 1999
The flag and arms of Brežice (municipal website) are prescribed by Decision Odlok o simbolih Občine Brežice, adopted on 3 February 1997. This Decision supersedes the 1991 Decision on the coat of arms, repeating it regarding the coat of arms in great detail.
Emblem of Brežice - Image by Željko Heimer, 6 December 2016
Unlike most other municipal flags of Slovenia, the flag of Brežice (photo) does not bear the municipal coat of arms but the municipal emblem. This emblem pictures the town water tower (photo), one of the two such buildings preserved in Slovenia, and wavy lines. The emblem is coloured in blue, yellow and green. Below the emblem is the writing OBČINE BREŽICE. The emblem and the writing are copyrighted and registered trademarks.
The Decision explicitely prescribes the proportions of the flag as 1:3, but the flag pictured in the Appendix to the Decision is 2:5. A version without the writing is also prescribed, as well as variations in the colour of the flag: basically, the flag colour is white, but need not be. However, the other variants are prescribed in a vague manner: "colour variants of the flag field deducted from the basic colours of the emblem".
Željko Heimer, 6 December 2016
Coat of arms of Brežice - Image by Željko Heimer, 1 January 2006
The coat of arms is prescribed by Decision Odlok o grbu občine Brežice, adopted on 9 December 1991, and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije 31/1991, 20 December 1991.
According to Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05], the coat of arms is based on the coat of arms granted to the town of Brežice in 1501 by Emperor Maximilian. The oldest preserved coat of arms (1530) is on a seal kept in the Styria State Archives in Graz. The Archbishop of Salzburg confirmed the coat of arms in 1535.
The coat of arms is canting since the name of the place is derived from the term meaning "banks of the river Sava". The German form of the town name, Rann, had the same root.
The coat of arms can be blazoned as "Sable, a pile inverted enarched, in base of a triple mount"vert in base azure wavy".
The blue is very light - lazurit blue according to the Decision.
Željko Heimer, 1 January 2006
Dobova (719 inhabitants in 2002; 254 ha; website) forms the eastern part of
Brežice, near the border with Croatia, here river Sava. The community is made of the village of Dobova proper and of the villages of
Gaberje, Mali Obrež, Veliki Obrež, Sela, Mostec, Mihalovec, Loče and Rigonce. The Dobova railway station, located on the Ljubljana-Zagreb line, is an international border crossing.
Dobova is the site of a necropolis dating back to the late Age of Bronze, where 420 tombs were excavated in 1950-1961, yielding bones and several artefacts, such as pottery, bronze pins, razor blades, bracelets and necklaces. Another necropolis, including 27 tombs from the late Age of Iron, yielded swords, spears, shields, razor blades, decorative items and pottery. Other Slavic and old Slavonic necropolis were found in the neighborhood. All the excavated items are shown in the Posavje Museum at Brežice.
On the flag of Dobova (photo, description), blue represents the two rivers watering the community's territory. Green represents the forests and fields. Yellow represents arable lands.
On the arms, the stylized bird represents exile and the Jovsi protected area. The cereal ear has nine grains, representing Dobova and the other eight villages forming the community. The railway represents the link with the rest of Europe.
Valentin Poposki & Ivan Sache, 21 May 2012
Flag of Pišece - Image by Ivan Sache, 14 September 2015
Pišece (312 inhabitants in 2002; 425 ha; presentation), "the most beautiful place in Slovenia", is located on the southern foothills of Mt. Orlica. Climate is very sunny and mild, so the crops fully grow half month before those on the northern side of Orlica, especially grapevine and the famous Pišece apricots. The Duplo spring is the source of river Gaberinca; the source has a constant temperature of 12° C and never dries up. The source is the starting point of the first water education trail (25 km) in Slovenia.
The castle of Pišece was first mentioned in 1329 as Haus Pischaetz, then in 1346 as Pischatz, in 1426 as Pischecz and in 1443 as gesloss Pischecz. Built by the archbishops of Salzburg on the east border of their domains in Posavje, the castle was managed by ministers, the oldest known being Konrad (1268 / 1300) and his brother Ekhard (1268). Pišece is also mentioned as Bischaez in medieval sources, which is believed to mean “bei der Schanz”, "at the fort", which could mean that there was an old fort there. The area of Pišece castle was declared as a cultural monument of national importance in 1999.
Pišece is the birthplace and home of Maks Pleteršnik (1840-1923), who wrote there his famous Slovene-German Dictionary (1883-1894). Quoting Jože Toporišič, Encyclopedia of Slovenian Language:
*Primož Trubar (1508-1586), a Protestant reformer, authored the first Slovene language printed books, Catechismus and Abecedarium. (1550), and was the first to translate parts of the Bible into Slovene (Gospel of Matthew, 1557).
The flag of Pišece (photo, Dolenjski list, 10 July 2011) is quite similar to the flag of the mother municipality, vertical, white with the coat of arms of Pišece near the top of the flag, flanked at the top by the name of the village and at the bottom by "KRAJEVNA SKUPNOST" (local community).
The coat of arms of Pišece is divided yellow over green by a red bend, with a blue part in the middle, charged with three apricots and two grapevine leaves, recalling the products for which the village is famous.
Ivan Sache, 14 September 2015
Artiče Primary School
The village of Artiče is part of the municipality
The flag of the Artiče Primary School is yellow with the school's emblem at the bottom.
Eugene Ipavec, 28 May 2012
Globoko Primary School
Flag of the Globoko Primary School - Image by Ivan Sache, 27 May 2012
The village of Globoko (301 inhabitants) is part of the municipality of Brežice.
The flag of the Globoko Primary School (presentation) is horizontally divided orange-
green (c. 2:1) by a wavy line and surrounded by a thin blue border. A
blue shield with the emblem of the school is placed in canton.
The flag is credited to Dominika Umek, member of the 9th class in 2006-2007.
Orange stands for a school full of laughter, knowledge and energy. Orange represents the sun raising every morning and warming the school, the nearby wheat fields and apricot, pear, apple and peach orchards.
Green stands for the deep (globoko) position of the school. Green represents the green meadows on the rolling sides of the hills.
Blue stands for the deep (globoko) river, heart and eyes. The blue border represents brook Gabernico watering the village and passing by close to the school.
Ivan Sache, 27 May 2012
Hosted by: Fanshop-Online.de und Handy-Shop.de
Tipp: Apple iPhone 8 Plus